Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Art of Explaining: World Economic Meltdown Edition

A friend sent me this excellent visualization of the word economic meltdown. For me, this is an exercise in cognitive dissonance. On one hand, I love the way the words and pictures tell a story. The icons are awesome. The interplay of sign, motion and narrative are superb. Unfortunately what is being described is INSANELY SCARRY! But its a story that must be told.

My Dad read somewhere that when the generation that lived through the depression are all dead, we'll have another depression. I don't know if the line of causation is that straight, but there is a moment of insight in there. Its weird to think of myself, old(er) and curmudgeonly(er), scolding the youngsters about fiscal responsibility. I guess you had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment